PRFMPlatelet-rich Fibrin Matrix
Next Generation PRP
- Release of Multiple Growth Factors
- Contains Stem Cell Activators
- Thicker, more voluminous hair strands
- Promotes each treated hair follicle to produce more hair strands
- Keeps treated hair follicles in “awake” phase longer
- Lines and wrinkles
- Diminished facial volume (cheeks, jaw, temples)
- Skin laxity
- Acne scars
Selphyl® PRFM is utilized by physicians in their practices for various applications. The process is simple and the entire procedure takes approximately 30 minutes. While it may be possible to achieve your desired results after just one treatment, additional treatments are generally recommended. Your doctor will determine the best approach for you individually.
Platelets and other components in human blood migrate to a site of injury. Platelets are known to release a variety of growth factors that respond to tissue injury, where they initiate and promote healing. By concentrating platelets at the site of injury, physicians have the potential to enhance the body’s natural capacity for healing.
1. During a short office visit (30 minutes), a small amount of a patient’s own blood is drawn into a vacuum collection tube containing a cell separator gel.
2. The tube is then placed into a centrifuge and spun for six minutes to separate the blood into a supernatant plasma/platelet suspension.
3. The red and white blood cells are located below the cell separator gel.
4. The platelets and plasma are then transferred in a closed system to a second vacuum tube containing a small amount of calcium chloride solution.
5. Fibrin polymerization begins and the PRP remains liquid for approximately 10 minutes before forming PRFM.
6. The patient’s own PRFM is ready for use as deemed appropriate by the clinical use requirements.